Location, location, location – a real estate agent’s mantra heard time and again encompasses all the good points about the location of the home and how it could benefit the renter’s or the buyer’s life. Do you think location of a home is really one of the key factors that drive you to buy or live in a place? Well, there are many people out there who wonder why it is so important until they drive to the address and see it for themselves. It is quite obvious – see it to believe it. The basic fact that underpins the importance of a location is that identical homes, based on location can increase or decrease in the value of the Ruidoso homes. It is the top rule in real estate and probably the most overlooked. However, here are some important facts and pointers as to why it is always good to visit the location to grab an insight of its features and overall attributes.
Why location is important?
It is possible to buy a really good home in the worst possible location. Remodeling, adding on or even spending money on landscaping will not add to the value most often – a home is something that cannot be moved from one locale to the other. Quite a bit of a home’s value is tied to the land. This is probably why it is always suggested to buy a property which is situated in the prime location. That said; some of the best locations are in spots, another real estate in London like:
- Good School locale: Buyers with young children would always want to live in a place with good schools. They are willing to pay higher property taxes for the privilege of being in a good school locale.
- Proximity to the Outdoor and Recreational Opportunities: Homes which are located close to the sea, a river, a lake, parks or golf courses hold their value or even increase because of their location. However, location has to be safe as well. Being close to the water is important to those who like water related activities and also because it offers a feeling of open spaces, clean and good environment and more. A prime residential area has all this and more.
- A good view from the home: Homes which have spectacular views sell pretty fast – whether it is in a city or in the mountains. Some sought after views are green areas, mountains and even golf courses.
- The Retail and Entertainment factor: In many cities, master planned communities are all the rage as shopping and entertainment like movie theaters and libraries are all within walking distance. People like the convenience of leaving their cars behind and enjoying a leisurely stroll without having to worry about anything.
- Similar economic backgrounds: Most people like to bond with new people and make friends with their neighbors who are in the same economic bracket as they are and also having properties of similar construction and age.
- A Stable neighborhood: In every city there are neighborhoods which are stable and where properties keep their value despite economic downturns. These areas are well maintained and pride of ownership is very evident.
- Public facilities: More and more people are looking for homes which are located close to their place of work and also health care facilities. There are such neighborhoods and these conveniences are invaluable.
- Quiet homes: Most people want to be in the center of a neighborhood or a block so that it is quiet and they don’t have to deal with too much traffic. A prime residential area has all this and more.